Mastering Sensory Processing: Unlocking the Foundations for Learning and Well-Being
A conversation with Teresa Kaelin, MSOTR/L, Occupational Therapist, Professor, and Executive Director of Brain Balance in Lincoln, NE.
Thursday, February 8th, 2024
10 AM PT | 12 PM CT | 1 PM ET
Teresa Kaelin, MSOTR/L, a seasoned Occupational Therapist with a specialization in sensory processing and executive functioning, will join Dr. Rebecca Jackson, Chief Programs Officer for Brain Balance, as a guest speaker in this informative webinar.
Join us as we delve into the fundamental aspects of sensory processing and its profound impact on various facets of our lives. The sensory system forms the bedrock of our ability to learn, maintain attention, navigate social interactions, and even regulate our emotions.
Teresa will share her personal story about her son, providing valuable insights into how auditory sensitivity and processing challenges can manifest in everyday situations. Drawing on her expertise, she will discuss practical tips and tricks that can be implemented at home to support immediate regulation, as well as long-term strategies aimed at fostering internal self-regulation.
Fill out the form to watch the webinar recording.
What You'll Learn
- 1Recognize the critical role of the sensory system in learning, attention, and emotional regulation.
- 2Identify red flags indicating potential dysregulation in your child's sensory experiences.
- 3Gain insights from Teresa’s personal story, highlighting the impact of sensory processing challenges.
- 4Acquire practical tips and tricks for immediate home-based support and long-term strategies for self-regulation.
- 5Understand the concept of sensory regulation, both internally and externally, and its influence on daily life.
Dr. Rebecca Jackson
Chief Programs Officer, Brain Balance, author of the new book “Back on Track: A Practical Guide to Help Kids of All Ages Thrive"
Teresa Kaelin, MSOTR/L
Occupational Therapist, Professor, and Executive Director of Brain Balance in Lincoln, NE